The Gouritz Cluster Biosphere Reserve (GCBR) is a 3.2-million-hectare area that has been designated by UNESCO as a place of megadiversity. As an action orientated non-profit company, the GCBR is driven to protect, restore and effectively manage the ecosystems within its domain. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a small team of passionate individuals doing important work by bringing your financial acumen and unique attributes to contribute to the long-term sustainability of the organisation.
Job title: Financial Administrator
Location: GCBR, Riversdale, Western Cape
Employment type: Part-time (Monday to Friday, 08h00-13h00)
Duration: 2-year fixed term contract, effective 1 Jan 2024 – 31 Dec 2025
Remuneration: R250,000 – R350,000 per annum
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of position: To effectively manage the financial operations of the GCBR in a transparent and efficient manner by applying sound financial management principles and practices that protect the business’ financial stability and growth.
Qualifications: BCom degree in financial accounting/financial management or related qualification.
Languages: English (fluent) and Afrikaans (fluent)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implement sound financial control systems and protocols within the GCBR and for its projects in compliance with legislation, internal policies and agreements with funders, for sustainable financial growth.
- Process and record all day-to-day financial transactions.
- Maintain detailed records and source documents of financial data.
- Manage monthly payments to service providers and suppliers.
- Manage the calculations of all statutory payroll deductions and contributions such as PAYE, UIF and COIDA in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and manage the monthly payroll by ensuring the accurate calculation of employee salaries, bonuses, commission, and any other forms of compensation.
- Prepare and submit financial reports and monthly project statements to the Chief Executive Officer, relevant project leaders and funders on time and within the required specifications.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer to support operational decision-making.
- Develop and implement sound financial policies and procedures that are aligned to GAAP.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with donors, the GCBR Board of Directors, and partners.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in the management of project finances, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Skilled proficiency in financial software and tools such as Pastel Accounting, Sage and Microsoft Excel is critical.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, regulations, and reporting standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must live the GCBR values of integrity, innovation, collaboration and sustainability.
Email applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 06 November 2023